- Focus on fiber. Eat foods rich in fiber, especially those made with whole grains, to help reduce the risk of several cancers.
- Find healthy fats. Meals containing olive oil or fish help protect against cancer, and avoiding fat from meat, dairy, and processed foods may decrease cancer risk.
- Go vegetarian. Lower cancer risk by eating plenty of fruits, whole grains, legumes, and vegetables (especially tomatoes and cruciferous vegetables like cabbage), which helps to optimize body weight, immune function, hormone regulation, and to avoid meat-related carcinogens.
- Avoid alcohol. Use alcoholic beverages in moderation or not at all to reduce the risk of many cancers.
- Get regular checkups. Many cancers can be prevented or discovered in the early stages with screening tests available through your doctor.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Add protein powder or bee pollen granules to this shake for an extra energy boost. Peel banana and wrap in plastic before freezing.
1 frozen banana, cut up
1/2 cup plain nonfat or soy yogurt ( plain yogurt for estrogen + breast cancer)
3/4 cup fresh strawberries
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and creamy. Pour drink into a glass and dust with nutmeg.
Yield: 2 servings